Emerson Waldorf School (EWS), set on fifty-four wooded acres, was founded in 1984 and offers grades N-12. EWS became a full member of AWSNA in 1998 and is accredited by NCAIS and SAIS/SACS. The Research Triangle Area of North Carolina, Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill, is growing rapidly and is situated midway between the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Atlantic coast. Please visit our Relocation Info page to learn more about the area. Teaching at Emerson Waldorf School in Chapel Hill, NC offers many rewards, such as:
Classes- A large, vibrant early childhood program feeds healthy-sized classes.
School- A full, well rounded Waldorf education, Nursery through 12th grade. Full AWSNA member school and current SAIS/SACS accreditation.
Campus- A spacious 54 acres of woods, meadow, and gentle hills. Includes a 20+ acre farm.
Colleagues- Experienced faculty share a warm collegiality and a healthy engagement in cooperative leadership.
Benefits- Competitive salary and outstanding benefits with full tuition remission for children of full time employees.
Governance- Solid governance structure, with clear means for sharing authority between Administration, Board, and College.
Anthroposophy- A strong local anthroposophical society offers study groups, First Class group, Foundation Studies and festival activities. Two local biodynamic farms, a local anthroposophical doctor, and a Christian Community.
Location- Midway between the North Carolina mountains and the Atlantic coast. An economically strong region known for its cutting-edge research facilities.
Community- Rural farmlands, friendly small-towns, suburban neighborhoods and urban dwellings are all no more than an easy 20-minute drive.
Culture- We are home to five major universities and a rich cultural life including a world class symphony, opera company, dance festival, theater companies, and museums.
Emerson Waldorf School has a commitment to creating an inclusive community which values diversity and multiculturalism, and we seek candidates who have this same commitment. We do not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, sex, marital status, parental status, familial status, national origin, age, and disability. People of color and others underrepresented in our community are encouraged to apply. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for employment to all applicants.
EWS offers a competitive annual salary with generous annual teaching experience increments, health benefits and full tuition remission for children of full-time salaried employees. Experienced, strong faculty share warm collegiality and a healthy understanding of cooperative leadership.
We are currently hiring:
Emerson Waldorf School is currently seeking a Pedagogical Director.
Strong candidates will have excellent communication and executive skills, the ability to coordinate and lead a team of capable and experienced teachers, a strong attention to detail, and extensive classroom experience or knowledge of the Waldorf pedagogy and curriculum N - 12.
Full job description is now posted here.
If you are interested in joining our exceptional faculty, please e-mail your resume and cover letter, brief biographical sketch, and three references to:
Emerson Waldorf School
6211 New Jericho Road
Chapel Hill, North Carolina27516
The Emerson Waldorf School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its education policies, admissions policies, tuition adjustment program, athletic, or other school-administered programs.
Marketing & Outreach Director
The Marketing & Outreach Director is responsible for building brand awareness, communicating the unique benefits of EWS programs and educational culture to prospective parents, and increasing inquiries to the school. They are responsible for generating all advertising and marketing collateral to engage prospective parents including print, digital, and social media.
This role partners with the Director of Admissions to provide outreach opportunities to the local community and reports to the Director of Administration.
- 3–5 years of experience in marketing and communication
- Social media marketing
- Graphic design
- Ability to write, design, and execute quickly while reflecting the school’s voice and positioning
- Strategic insight into marketing in today’s competitive independent school market
- Ability to collaborate effectively with diverse constituents, including staff, faculty, and board members
- Develop and lead marketing strategy, objectives and tactical execution across print, digital, and social media platforms maximizing the school’s marketing budget while building brand awareness and communicating EWS programs and unique benefits to prospective parents.
- Develop and lead content strategy, audience identification and targeted messaging.
- Successful candidates must be committed to working with diverse community of colleagues and prospective parents.
- Track and report campaign results.
- Produce all marketing and admissions collateral.
- Track and report on website traffic with Google Analytics.
- Own and manage infrastructure, including processes and tools such as social media, e-newsletter, website and brand style guide.
- Support and market admissions and outreach events.
- Calendarize, write and distribute monthly media releases that promote EWS students, programs, and Waldorf education
- Member of Enrollment Committee.
- Work with Director of Admissions, Director of Finance, and Director of Administration to analyze internal enrollment data and trends and develop campaigns in response to insights.
- Position the school to clearly communicate program features and benefits, highlight key differentiators, and address misconceptions.
- Print and Media Design (Adobe InDesign and Photoshop)
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Acrobat Pro
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Proficient in basic web design & Squarespace platform
- Constant Contact
- Google Analytics
- Facebook Business Manager and Insights
- Comfortable with photography
- Videography/editing is a plus
- Expert is defining, articulating, and writing strong messaging to a diverse community of parents and potential applicants
This is a half-time position requiring a commitment of 20 hours / week, year round. Generous vacation and personal time off. Some flexibility on scheduling of weekly work hours is available. Must be able to work some evenings and weekends. No additional benefits offered.